By Ugo Cei, Piergiorgio Lucidi
Construct Alfresco functions utilizing internet companies, WebScripts and CMIS
- Gain a entire evaluate of the standards of net services
- Implement the Alfresco particular internet Services
- Get to grips with the Alfresco WebScripts and the Alfresco extensible RESTful API
- Manipulate contents in Alfresco utilizing assorted operations and APIs
- Learn in regards to the CMIS specification and its Alfresco implementation
- Hands-on process with examples equipped over the process the book
Alfresco three is the prime open resource company content material administration approach that gives robust gains for interacting with the content material in its repository from outdoor the procedure. those comprise the aid for the content material administration Interoperability companies (CMIS) implementation, reusable net scripts, and an online providers API.
This is the 1st ebook to teach you the way to take advantage of internet prone in Alfresco. full of examples, you will how to construct functions utilizing Alfresco distant APIs in keeping with cleaning soap and leisure. you will see tips to use varied APIs and bindings corresponding to WebServices, WebScripts, and CMIS.
Alfresco three internet prone begins through displaying you the providers uncovered through the Alfresco net companies API, and the way the API suits into the Alfresco software program architecture.You learn how to advance your program to start with via developing and checking out your Java improvement surroundings utilizing the Alfresco SDK in Eclipse IDE and secondly via associating the Alfresco resource code and Javadocs in Eclipse.
With the aid of genuine international functional examples, you how one can do such things as create, type, and get in touch with net Scripts, and invoke distant calls to Alfresco repository. To get the main from the internet prone API, you want to learn about the fundamentals of the content material Manipulation Language (CML), and the publication takes you thru this.
By the top of this e-book, it is possible for you to to place jointly your wisdom approximately CMIS and the Apache Chemistry toolkit to improve an entire operating program that makes use of Alfresco, through CMIS, as a back-end garage. final yet no longer the least, this e-book additionally covers the WebServices defense profiles - the easiest practices for internet companies to advertise greater interoperability.
A step by step consultant to enforcing the cleaning soap API, net Scripts, and CMIS.
What you'll examine from this booklet
- Gain a entire evaluate of the requisites of net services
- Learn find out how to manage contents in Alfresco utilizing varied operations and APIs
- Build functions on best of Alfresco utilizing Alfresco net providers API
- Extend the Alfresco RESTful API utilizing WebScripts
- Make your individual diverse output renditions utilizing FreeMarker
- Explore the CMIS specification with all of the information about the Alfresco implementation
- Learn how you can touch Alfresco together with your patron utilizing one of many bindings of CMIS
- Make your CMIS integration extra regular utilizing the Apache Chemistry project
The booklet is an in depth consultant to development integrations on most sensible of Alfresco full of a whole bunch examples and pattern code. it's meant to be a whole evaluation to aid builders opt for a selected API with comparable technique invocations.
Who this booklet is written for
If you're a net developer who desires to construct enterprise purposes on most sensible of Alfresco, then this can be the ebook for you. uncomplicated figuring out of XML, net improvement recommendations (HTTP, MVC) and internet providers is needed.
Read Online or Download Alfresco 3 Web Services PDF
The focus of professional net 2. zero program improvement with GWT is a case research of a true net 2. zero software known as ToCollege. net.
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll take an entire journey of a latest internet 2. zero startup’s codebase. That’s 15,000 strains of resource code that comes with every thing from Google Gears integration to Acegi OpenID, Lucene full–text seek, and Google Maps, it all built-in with GWT 1. 5.
- Leveraging this book’s to be had resource code, you’ll see the nitty–gritty information of the way to merge a latest net 2. zero software stack together with Hibernate, Spring, Spring MVC 2. five, SiteMesh, and Freemarker together.
- You’ll see tips on how to cord GWT into an average Maven construct surroundings, to be able to assist you wake up to hurry speedy and keep away from configuration headaches.
- the good pitfall of many Ajax functions is they’re in general opaque to go looking engines. You’ll see the ToCollege. internet approach to this thorny problem.
- safeguard from XSS and XSRF assaults is past the scope of straightforward GWT tutorials, yet they seem to be a genuine obstacle for a domain like ToCollege. web. The publication will hide the ToCollege. web protection structure in detail.
Who is that this e-book for?
This booklet is for builders who're able to circulate past small proof–of–concept pattern purposes and wish to examine the problems surrounding a true deployment of GWT. in order to see what the center of a full–fledged GWT software seem like, this can be the publication for you.
GWT 1. five is a game–changing know-how, however it doesn’t exist in a bubble. genuine deployments have to connect with your database, implement authentication, supply defense from protection threats, and make allowance strong seek engine optimization.
To exhibit you all this, this booklet appears to be like on the code at the back of a true reside site known as ToCollege. internet. This program makes a speciality of assisting scholars who're utilising to schools, permitting them to deal with their program approach and evaluate the ratings that they provide to every college. It’s a slick program that’s prepared that you can sign in and use.
The viewers for this booklet both owns one other GWT ebook for the elemental tutorials or is cozy utilizing the web documentation and boards while they’re caught, which permits this ebook to maneuver quick and concentrate on answering the larger structure questions.
About the Apress professional Series
The Apress professional sequence books are sensible, specialist tutorials to maintain you on and relocating up the pro ladder.
You have got the activity, now you want to hone your abilities in those difficult aggressive occasions. The Apress professional sequence expands your talents and services in just the components you wish. grasp the content material of a professional publication, and you may consistently be capable of get the task performed in a certified improvement venture. Written through specialists of their box, professional sequence books from Apress provide the hard–won options to difficulties you'll face on your expert programming occupation.
Ajax is on the middle of the net 2. zero revolution. it's not a know-how yet, relatively, is a method that leverages different applied sciences and strategies, akin to CSS, XML, DHTML, and XHTML. Many net designers and programmers wish to include Ajax of their initiatives end result of the remarkable performance it may upload to an internet site, yet they can not as a result of the steep studying curve.
- Grunt.js Cookbook
- JQuery 2.0 development cookbook
- Learning Web Development with Bootstrap and Angular
Extra info for Alfresco 3 Web Services
The first parent associated to a child is the primary parent; all subsequent parents associated to a node are secondary parents. If you remove the primary parent, all the children will be removed. If you remove one of the secondary parents, all the children will not be removed. The CML operations that are dedicated to manage associations in the repository are as follows: • CMLAddChild—adds a child to a node (defined with a child-association) • CMLRemoveChild—removes a child from a node (defined with a child-association) • CMLCreateAssociation—creates a peer-association from a source node • to a target node CMLRemoveAssociation—removes a peer-association from a source node to a target node • CMLAddChild and CMLRemoveChild can be used only to manage • CMLCreateAssociation and CMLRemoveAssociation can be used only to manage peer-associations child-associations As you will see, all the following operations can be created using the same arguments that you learned in the previous CML operation samples.
Update(cml); We are going to see how to perform the following CML operations in the repository: Operation Description CMLCreate Creates a new node. CMLAddAspect Adds an aspect on a node. CMLRemoveAspect Removes an aspect from a node. CMLUpdate Updates a node. CMLWriteContent Writes a byte stream of the file associated with a node. CMLMove Moves a node to another space. CMLCopy Copies a node. CMLAddChild Adds a child to a node (defined with a child-association). CMLRemoveChild Removes a child from a node (defined with a childassociation).
Chapter 1 Web Services provide a way out of this conundrum by exposing the features of the Alfresco Repository through a layer of services that can be invoked remotely over the network by exchanging messages over HTTP. This frees client applications from having to embed Alfresco—there will be only one repository, usually embedded in the Explorer, that also provides network-accessible services for remote clients to call. These kind of Web Services are also language-agnostic, which means that you are not limited to using Java for implementing your client application, but you are also free to use any language, as long as it provides a way to send and receive messages using the HTTP protocol and is able to parse and generate messages using some well-known format such as XML.
Alfresco 3 Web Services by Ugo Cei, Piergiorgio Lucidi