By Kris Hadlock
Read or Download Ajax for Web Application Developers (Developer's Library) PDF
The main target of professional net 2. zero software improvement with GWT is a case examine of a true net 2. zero software known as ToCollege. net.
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll take a whole travel of a contemporary internet 2. zero startup’s codebase. That’s 15,000 traces of resource code that incorporates every little thing from Google Gears integration to Acegi OpenID, Lucene full–text seek, and Google Maps, it all built-in with GWT 1. 5.
- Leveraging this book’s to be had resource code, you’ll see the nitty–gritty info of ways to merge a latest net 2. zero program stack together with Hibernate, Spring, Spring MVC 2. five, SiteMesh, and Freemarker together.
- You’ll see the way to twine GWT into an ordinary Maven construct setting, so that it will assist you wake up to hurry quick and steer clear of configuration headaches.
- the nice pitfall of many Ajax functions is they’re more often than not opaque to go looking engines. You’ll see the ToCollege. internet strategy to this thorny problem.
- defense from XSS and XSRF assaults is past the scope of straightforward GWT tutorials, yet they seem to be a actual hindrance for a domain like ToCollege. web. The e-book will conceal the ToCollege. web safety structure in detail.
Who is that this booklet for?
This e-book is for builders who're able to circulation past small proof–of–concept pattern functions and wish to examine the problems surrounding a true deployment of GWT. a good way to see what the heart of a full–fledged GWT program seem like, this can be the ebook for you.
GWT 1. five is a game–changing expertise, however it doesn’t exist in a bubble. actual deployments have to connect with your database, implement authentication, supply safety from safeguard threats, and make allowance reliable seek engine optimization.
To convey you all this, this ebook seems to be on the code at the back of a true reside website referred to as ToCollege. internet. This program makes a speciality of assisting scholars who're using to high schools, permitting them to deal with their program technique and evaluate the scores that they provide to every university. It’s a slick software that’s prepared that you can register and use.
The viewers for this booklet both owns one other GWT e-book for the elemental tutorials or is cozy utilizing the net documentation and boards while they’re caught, which permits this publication to maneuver speedy and concentrate on answering the larger structure questions.
About the Apress seasoned Series
The Apress professional sequence books are functional, expert tutorials to maintain you on and relocating up the pro ladder.
You have got the task, now you must hone your talents in those difficult aggressive occasions. The Apress seasoned sequence expands your abilities and services in just the parts you would like. grasp the content material of a professional booklet, and you may continually manage to get the activity performed in a certified improvement venture. Written through specialists of their box, seasoned sequence books from Apress provide the hard–won suggestions to difficulties you are going to face on your expert programming profession.
Ajax is on the center of the internet 2. zero revolution. it is not a expertise yet, particularly, is a method that leverages different applied sciences and strategies, equivalent to CSS, XML, DHTML, and XHTML. Many internet designers and programmers want to contain Ajax of their initiatives as a result of the striking performance it could upload to an internet site, yet they can not as a result steep studying curve.
- PHP 5 Fast and Easy Web Development (Fast and Easy Web Development)
- Effective Perl programming : ways to write better, more idiomatic Perl
- AngularJS: Novice to Ninja
- Learning jQuery, 3rd Edition
Additional info for Ajax for Web Application Developers (Developer's Library)
An Ajax response can come in various formats; the most common include JSON and the most widely accepted, XML. Each format can be useful depending on the results you are trying to achieve. However, deciding on a single format for your application can be useful as a convention for future management, especially if you are building a large-scale application. This might differ from one application to the next but, if possible, it is an important theory to keep in mind. It is also good to keep in mind the scalability of the technology that you choose, especially if you are planning on creating a scalable application in which you expect exponential growth.
Ajax for Web Application Developers (Developer's Library) by Kris Hadlock