By Mike Chambers, Daniel Dura, Kevin Hoyt, Dragos Georgita
- What AIR is, and the issues this runtime goals to solve
- How to establish your improvement environment
- How to do universal projects, provided within the easy-to-use O'Reilly Cookbook format
The focus of professional internet 2. zero software improvement with GWT is a case learn of a true internet 2. zero program known as ToCollege. net.
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll take a whole journey of a contemporary net 2. zero startup’s codebase. That’s 15,000 traces of resource code that incorporates every little thing from Google Gears integration to Acegi OpenID, Lucene full–text seek, and Google Maps, it all built-in with GWT 1. 5.
- Leveraging this book’s to be had resource code, you’ll see the nitty–gritty info of the way to merge a latest internet 2. zero program stack together with Hibernate, Spring, Spring MVC 2. five, SiteMesh, and Freemarker together.
- You’ll see how one can twine GWT into an usual Maven construct setting, with the intention to assist you wake up to hurry quick and steer clear of configuration headaches.
- the nice pitfall of many Ajax functions is they’re in most cases opaque to look engines. You’ll see the ToCollege. web technique to this thorny problem.
- defense from XSS and XSRF assaults is past the scope of straightforward GWT tutorials, yet they're a genuine problem for a website like ToCollege. web. The ebook will hide the ToCollege. web protection structure in detail.
Who is that this ebook for?
This e-book is for builders who're able to circulation past small proof–of–concept pattern functions and need to examine the problems surrounding a true deployment of GWT. in an effort to see what the heart of a full–fledged GWT software seem like, this can be the e-book for you.
GWT 1. five is a game–changing expertise, however it doesn’t exist in a bubble. genuine deployments have to connect with your database, implement authentication, supply defense from defense threats, and make allowance strong seek engine optimization.
To exhibit you all this, this e-book seems on the code in the back of a true stay site known as ToCollege. internet. This program focuses on aiding scholars who're utilizing to schools, letting them deal with their software approach and examine the scores that they offer to every institution. It’s a slick program that’s prepared so that you can register and use.
The viewers for this booklet both owns one other GWT e-book for the elemental tutorials or is cozy utilizing the net documentation and boards while they’re caught, which permits this e-book to maneuver fast and concentrate on answering the larger structure questions.
About the Apress professional Series
The Apress seasoned sequence books are useful, expert tutorials to maintain you on and relocating up the pro ladder.
You have got the task, now you want to hone your talents in those tricky aggressive occasions. The Apress seasoned sequence expands your abilities and services in precisely the parts you wish. grasp the content material of a professional e-book, and you'll consistently have the capacity to get the activity performed in a qualified improvement undertaking. Written by way of specialists of their box, professional sequence books from Apress provide the hard–won strategies to difficulties you'll face on your specialist programming profession.
Ajax is on the middle of the net 2. zero revolution. it's not a know-how yet, particularly, is a method that leverages different applied sciences and methods, resembling CSS, XML, DHTML, and XHTML. Many internet designers and programmers wish to comprise Ajax of their initiatives as a result outstanding performance it will probably upload to an internet site, yet they can not as a result of the steep studying curve.
- Beginning jQuery
- Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional
These applications, plug-ins, and extensions can do potentially harmful things and therefore require that the user trust the source of the content. 0 release is the ability of the runtime to verify the identity of an application’s publisher. Users should carefully consider whether they want to trust the publisher of an application, as well as whether they want to install an application that hasn’t been signed. Adobe AIR Development Toolset One of the reasons web applications have been successful is that they allow developers to easily deploy applications that users can run regardless of which OS they are on.
Using the Adobe AIR command-line tools, you can create an AIR application with any web development tool. You can use the same web development and design tools that you are already using today. TIP The Development Workflow will be covered in depth in Chapter 2. Is Adobe AIR the End of Web Applications in the Browser? So, by this point, you may be saying to yourself, “Gee, Adobe AIR sure sounds great! Why would anyone ever want to deploy an application to the browser again? ” No. Let’s repeat that again.
Be installed on the user’s computer. 1 is installed, then Adobe AIR applications will be able to take full advantage of all of the features that reader also exposes when running within a web browser. HTML HTML was originally designed as a document technology, and today it provides rich and robust control over content and text layout and styling. HTML can be used as a document technology within Adobe AIR—both within an existing HTML application as well as within a Flash-based application. What Does an Adobe AIR Application Contain?